While you might be more particular about your own mattress, selecting one for your guest room can be a bit more flexible. If you’re unsure about your options or how much to spend, fret not—we’ve got you covered with some helpful advice. It all depends on the type and duration of your guests’ stays.
Consider these handy tips when choosing a mattress for your guest room:
- Size and space: Take a stroll through your spare bedroom and envision where you’d like to place the bed. Drawing a layout can be helpful in selecting the right mattress size. Check out Gabrielle Savoie’s tips on “How to Arrange Your Bedroom Furniture for Every Room Size” for guidance.
- Hosting needs: How frequently do you use your guest bedroom? Is it every weekend, once a month, or perhaps twice a year? Your hosting requirements can influence the type of bed that suits your guest’s room. If space is limited or you entertain less frequently, a practical option like a Stay Over trundle bed could be ideal. It’s also ideal for those who want to maximize the sleeping area in their children’s rooms.
- Comfort: Let’s face it, most spare bedrooms end up with the least comfortable bed in the house. Often, the beds we’ve upgraded from find their way to the guest room. However, if you anticipate family members or elderly guests staying for more than a few days, comfort becomes crucial. Choose a bed that provides good support and isn’t 5-10 years old. Ronique Gibson from freshhome.com advises to “be wary of used mattresses that can harbour germs, bed bugs and dust mites.”
Explore our range of mattresses tailored to suit various sleeping styles:
For those on a budget:
- Seoni range: An attractive, functional, and supportive mattress with pocket spring technology for minimised partner disturbance and Climatex™ Quilt on the sleep surface for breathability. Find out more.
Affordable support and comfort:
- Ocean range: Featuring the Duracoil continuous spring system that provides support and comfort by distributing your body weight evenly across the mattress, all at an affordable price. It’s part of Sleepy’s Everyday Low Price range. Find out more.
For enhanced support and luxury:
- ecoVibe range: This collection offers a soft and luxurious feel with the latest in natural materials, hemp fibres are utilised in the top panel with Climatex Quilt and wool underneath for breathability. This mattress is supported by 3-zoned mini pocket springs which have a higher coil count than traditional pocket springs, to beautifully conform to your body shape. Find out more.
For a blend of health and indulgence:
- Cocoon Range: Not only are these beds visually stunning, but your guests will also be surrounded by luxurious comfort. Using only the highest quality materials and SleepMaker’s patented Sensorzone technology, each spring independently responds to pressure and movement, ensuring a blissful, undisturbed sleep. Learn more about the Cocoon Black and Cocoon Silver.
*WARNING* Sleepy’s cannot be held responsible for guests who overstay their welcome.
Sleep healthy and create a welcoming guest experience with Sleepy’s!