We generally spend a lot of time in our bedrooms, so it stands to reason that we take the time to redecorate this space occasionally. The environments we spend time in have significant impact on our mood, so it is important that our bedroom provokes relaxed and positive feelings. The answer?
Turn your bedroom into a sanctuary.
There are so many ways you can revamp your room so that is an oasis to escape to. Listed below are just some of the things that we believe can create a bedroom getaway!
- The Perfect Mattress: Wake up on the right side of the bed every morning, and indulge in a bed that caters to all of your sleeping needs. Sleepy’s sell a range of luxurious mattresses that offer style and comfort while providing the correct spinal and postural support. Cocoon mattresses for example, are each composed of premium foam comfort layers, silk and fibre for the best fit, feel and finish. Browse the complete mattress range here
- Gorgeous bedding: Choose a colour theme for your room and stick to it. Then you can buy as many pillows, cushions, ornaments in those shades as you please. Invest in a fresh set of sheets and a beautiful new bed cover (Sleepy’s can help!). Make the bed the centrepiece of the room! You can also visit our Chermside store to see our collection of beautiful accessories by The Goodnight Co, including stunning pink eye masks, soft silk pillowcases, sleep balms and sleep mists, to create a relaxing and visually appealing atmosphere.
- Lighting: Lighting creates ambience! It is something that directly affects our mood, so it is important to enjoy the setting we create in a room we spend so much time in. Try and allow as much natural lighting into the room as you can during the day. At night, make it glow with candles (we recommend Sleepy’s Signature Scent!), lampshades, mini hanging lights or lava lamps. Choose a lampshade that matches your colour theme, and it will throw gorgeous illuminations over the bedroom walls. Make sure the lights aren’t too bright – they may keep you awake!
- Scents: Like lighting, smells can also affect our moods, and we can use this to our advantage. Sleepy’s Signature Scent candles offer a unique combination of citrus scents and they smell divine. Offering 50 + luminous burn hours, it is a must have for your bedroom. Additionally, spray a spritz of The Goodnight Co.’s delicious and calming sleep mist to create the perfect atmosphere for sleep (available at our Chermside store only!) Scents can make or break the rest and relaxation part of your day. The possibilities are endless; you choose where you’d like your bedroom to take you!
- Reminders: Remind yourself every day of the things that you love. This could include inspirational quotes on a chalkboard, canvas prints of beautiful scenery, framed photographs of close friends and family, or even just a fresh vase of flowers on occasion.
- Music: A little bit of the music you love would never go astray in your oasis. Pumping some happy tunes in the morning can begin your day in a positive manner, while gentle melodies at night could be the recipe for a quick journey to sleep.
- Books: If you have a few books or magazines readily available on the shelf, you may be more inclined to pick one up and have a read from time to time. We all know it is better for our eyes than watching TV, and it is an effective way to drift off to sleep.
- Tidiness: You’ve just created this beautiful haven to rest and relax in. Don’t go overboard with bits and pieces because a cluttered environment creates a jumbled headspace, and “a ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.” (Charlotte Bronte) Mess creates stress, so try to keep your room neat, tidy, and clutter-free!
Life can get so hectic sometimes that we overlook the little things; the simple things. Just a little bit of lighting and some luxurious new bedding can make all the difference to your sleeping habits. Take some time over the next few weeks to redesign your bedroom so that it becomes your sacred place of rest, relaxation and positivity. You’ll be sleeping healthy and feeling amazing in no time!