It’s the season for guests, and your spare room mattress is old and chunky! While you could be a bit picky with your own mattress, you might be less choosy when buying one for your spare room. If you want to replace it before company comes and you’re not sure what options you have or how much money to spend, we might have some answers for you. It all depends on the type of guests you have coming, and how long they usually stay.
Tips to keep in mind when choosing a guest room mattress:
- Size and space: Walk through your spare bedroom and check where would you like place the bed (check these tips on How to Arrange Your Bedroom Furniture for Every Room Size, by Gabrielle Savoie). Drawing a layout of where you want your furniture and bed to sit in the room is always helpful to visualise, as this will make selecting the mattress size easier.
- Hosting needs: How often is the guest bedroom being used? Every weekend? Once a month? Twice a year? Your entertaining needs may influence what type of bed you need in your guest room. If you entertain less or have space issues a Stay Over trundle may be more practical and a great solution for those who would also like to double the sleep area. This option is also great for those who would like to add space for their overnight guests in their children’s rooms.
- Comfort: Let’s be honest, most spare bedrooms end up with the most uncomfortable bed in the house! The beds we’ve upgraded from usually get downgraded to to the guest bedroom. However, if you have family members or elderly persons staying for more than just a few days, comfort is important. Pick a bed that has good support and isn’t 5-10 years old! Ronique Gibson from freshhome.com advises to “be wary of used mattresses that can harbor germs, bed bugs and dust mites.”
Check our range of mattresses that best suits all sleeping styles.
- Dusk range: for those looking for a mattress that is attractive, functional and supportive. Dusk supports your guests need for rest and comfort. Find out more.
- Sleep Style range: if you are looking for a mattress with a great spring system that delivers the support and comfort your guests need at an affordable price the Sleep Style collection might be what you are looking for, and it forms part of Sleepy’s Everyday Low Price range. Find out more.
- Harbour range: this collection is designed for people who want the soft luxurious feel of bamboo & wool along with the unique conformity a micro-pocket spring provides. A luxurious look at an affordable price. Find out more.
- Estate range: Estate Classic, Luxury and Exquisite mattresses combine premium foams with Gel Infused Visco to provide that much coveted “cloud like” sleeping surface. Find out more.
- Cocoon range: These beds aren’t just beautiful; your guests will be completely surrounded by luxury. Using only the highest quality materials and SleepMaker patented Sensorzone technology where each spring independently responds to pressure and movement, you can enjoy a beautiful, undisturbed sleep. Find out more: Cocoon Black, Cocoon Silver, Cocoon Gold.
*WARNING* Sleepy’s is not responsible for guests overstaying their welcome.